By registering for any services on this Site or by providing any information to us, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this Policy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Cornwall Airport Limited of Cornwall Airport Newquay, TR8 4RQ.
Information that we collect from you
In general, you can visit this Site without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Our web servers collect the IP addresses, not the e-mail addresses, of visitors. In addition, there are parts of this Site where we may need to collect personal information from you for a specific purpose, such as to provide you with certain information you request, or where requested to register you to our newsletter, or to enable you to use our online car parking booking service
- offer games, competitions, draws and other promotional activities that may require online registration. Persons wishing to participate in those activities will be asked to provide certain personal information. Some of the information requested for this purpose is optional, but other information, such as email address, is mandatory because it will be needed to notify and identify winners;
- require the selection of a user ID and password for the use of some of its services or activities;
- offer you the opportunity to receive email updates and announcements concerning our services and special promotions. Personal information you have provided to us may be used to facilitate those communications;
- collect information about you from e-mails, letters, telephone calls, customer satisfaction forms or from any other communications you send to or have with us;
- collect additional information automatically about your visit to our Site.
We encourage visitors to our Site to contact us with questions and comments. Email addresses and other information given by persons doing so may also be collected in order to facilitate our responses to those inquiries.
You will find that it is not compulsory to provide us with any additional information we request which is not necessary or reasonable in order to provide you with the services you have requested. Please note that our policy is not to ask for sensitive personal data - that is, data relating to: race or ethnic origin; political opinion; religious or other similar beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; sexual orientation; criminal records. We recommend that you do not provide such information to us. If you choose to do so for any reason, this will mean that you have given (and we accept) your explicit consent for us to use that information for the reasons described in this Policy, or as explained at the time you provide the information.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you wish to do this, please contact us at [email protected].
Use of Information Collected
IP address information that we collect is not used to personally identify you. It is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, etc. We use this information to measure the use of our Site and to improve its content.
When other personal information, such as your name and e-mail address, is collected from you with your consent (for example, through the use of on-line forms or via e-mail etc.) we generally let you know at the time of collection how we will use that personal information. We may also use the personal information you provide or which we collect via this Site for the purposes of:
- providing any goods or services that you have requested from us (including subscribing to receive our newsletters or information relating to changes and developments at Cornwall Airport Newquay).
- billing you and contacting you where necessary concerning your orders (such as for car parking);
- responding to your enquiries or to process your requests in relation to your information;
- providing and personalising our services generally;
- administering records of our subscription services;
- carrying out market research campaigns;
- maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource;
- providing you with access to all parts of our Site; and
- where necessary, crime prevention and prosecution of offenders.
Except with your permission or as provided in this Policy, we will not sell or rent personal information about you to unaffiliated third parties.
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes or use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business.
In particular, we may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the Site or our services. Where you have consented, we might also use your information to contact you by post, telephone, fax, SMS or by e-mail to let you know about other products and services:
If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know.
The information you provide to us will be held on our server in the United Kingdom and may be accessed by or given to our staff and to third parties including our business partners (such as our web agency, database management company and our car parking management company), government bodies and law enforcement agencies, successors in title to our business and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf, who act for us for the purposes set out in this Policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support and other services on our behalf. We may also:
- disclose personal information you have provided through our Site to persons or companies that we retain to carry out promotions and other activities for which you have registered or in which you have otherwise asked to participate;
- pass aggregate information on the usage of our Site (e.g. we might disclose the median ages of visitors to our Site, or the numbers of visitors to our Site that come from different geographic areas) to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you personally;
- if our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, disclose your information to our new business partners or owners.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Users 16 and under
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent or guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Security of Information Collected and Data Retention
Unfortunately, transmitting information through the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will employ strict physical, electronic and administrative security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage both on-line and off-line. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Internet Based Transfers and Disclaimer
Given that the internet is a global environment, using the internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore by browsing this Site and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal information in this way.
Whereas CAN employs reasonable measures to protect against viruses and other harmful components, the nature of the internet is such that it is impossible to ensure that your access to the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that this Site, its servers or emails which may be sent by us are free of viruses or other harmful components.
The contents of this Site are designed to comply with the general obligations of the European Directives on Data Protection and E-Privacy. We cannot be responsible for non-compliance with any local advertising or other laws in relation to this Site or its contents.
Accessing and Updating
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are entitled to see the personal information we hold about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact details provided at the page. We are entitled by law to charge a small administrative fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you and we may require proof of your identity before we supply the information to you.
Changes to this Policy
CAN reserves the right to revise or supplement this Policy from time to time. You should bookmark and periodically review this page to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version of this Policy.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, tablet or mobile if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer, tablet or mobile hard drive.
Cookies are read only by the server that placed them, and are unable to execute any code or virus.
Types of Cookies we use
You can find more information about the types of cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the tables below:
Analytics cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site, such as the pages visitors go to most often and where they have come to the site from. This information is collected anonymously and is only used to improve how our site works.
Functional cookies are used to allow our site to work properly. They may be used to remember choices you make on forms and allow us to provide enhanced and more personal features.
Social Media Cookies
Social media cookies are set by organisations such as Facebook and YouTube. They record information such as the number of times a video has been played or allow you to share a link. You should check with the provider website's privacy terms, cookies policy and your own privacy settings with them.
Third Party Cookies
If you go onto a web page that contains embedded content such as banner advertising or you link through to a third party website from our site, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don’t control the setting of these cookies and are not responsible for them. You should check the third party website for information about how these cookies work and how to manage them.
Managing or blocking Cookies
You can block cookies by activating the settings on your browser. This allows you to block all or some cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your web browser.
The law that controls how cookies are used on websites has changed. There is more information about cookies on the Information Commissioners website. The law that controls how cookies are used on websites has changed.
There is more information about cookies on the Information Commissioners website.