We have an ongoing commitment to passengers requiring special assistance. We work in partnership with Disability Cornwall who assist us in arranging consultation events for individuals and organisations to ensure our service and facilities remain fit for purpose for all users.
Consultation events take place regularly and the invaluable feedback we receive is then evaluated to form an action plan. By hosting regular meetings, we can ensure that our policy remains current and proactive to assist and support those passengers who need assistance with their journey through the Airport.
We have recently had the pleasure of hosting a tour of the airport for a group of young people from the Time to Shine project which is part of the Cornwall Accessible Activity programme. They will be flying to Dublin later in the year and some have never flown before.
Cornwall Airport Newquay staff were able to provide the group with an insight in to the airport experience. With the assistance of Flybe and their crew, the group were also able to go on board a Flybe aircraft and talk to the Captain and crew about what to expect before and during the flight.
They all thoroughly enjoyed the day and are looking forward to their actual flight to Dublin.
Please inform your travel agent or airline of any special assistance requirements when booking. If you would like any further information about the services we provide, please contact a member of our passenger services team on 01637 860600 or by email at [email protected].
Assistance for passengers with reduced mobility:
- Free use of airport wheelchairs throughout terminal building and car parks.
- If your electric mobility aid is damaged in transit a replacement manual wheelchair can be provided a substitute.
- Ability to retain your own wheelchairs and other walking aids up until boarding.
- Designated waiting area in the departure lounge.
Assistance for passengers with hidden disabilities:
- Provision of special assistance lanyards and wristbands for those with hidden disabilities such as Autism and Dementia. These are available on request and will discreetly signal to airport staff that the passenger may require some extra assistance or comfort. Look for our trained staff members with corresponding yellow badges.
- An induction loop system is fitted at all check-in desks and at the Airport information desk.
- Ear defenders for adults and children are available on request.
- We have authorisation to carry assistance dogs on all our routes.
All passengers requiring assistance:
- Call points to advise us of your arrival at the airport (These are situated at the entrances to the East and West Car Parks and within the Coastline Travel parking and bus stop zone).
- Provision of 9 disabled parking bays in the west car park and 8 disabled bays in the east car park.
- Meet and Greet facility to assist passengers through the Airport experience, with call buttons at car-park entry barriers.
- Specially designated toilets situated within the check-in hall, departure lounge and arrivals hall.
- Fast-track for wheelchair and special assistance passengers at check-in and security central search.
- AviRamp product for boarding and disembarking aircraft.
- Our PRM leaflet is also available in Braille for those with visual impairment.
- We can offer the option of a private search at security to preserve your privacy.
Assistance through security:
If you would like to be assisted through security then please notify us at check in or the information desk in the main terminal. A member of the special assistance team will accompany you through the security lane. If you’d prefer to access this area at a quieter time then contact us in advance ( 01637 860600 or [email protected]) and we can arrange the most suitable time. This can be arranged when you arrive at the airport but you may have to wait a short while we process the passengers currently in security.