We have an ongoing commitment to passengers requiring special assistance. We work in partnership with Disability Cornwall who assist us in arranging consultation events for individuals and organisations to ensure our service and facilities remain fit for purpose for all users.
The last consultation event took place in April 2016 and the invaluable feedback received is currently being evaluated and an action plan formed. We will continue to host regular meetings to ensure our policy remains current and proactive to assist and support those passengers who need assistance with their journey through the Airport.
Please inform your travel agent or airline of any special assistance requirements when booking. Alternatively, please contact a member of our passenger services team to pre-book assistance on 01637 860600 or by email at [email protected].
Our services and facilities for passengers with reduced mobility
- Call points to advise us of your arrival at the airport (These are situated at the entrances to the East and West Car Parks and within the Coastline Travel parking and bus stop zone).
- Free use of airport wheelchairs throughout terminal building and car parks.
- Meet and Greet facility to assist passengers through the Airport experience.
- Ability to retain your own wheelchairs and other walking aids up until boarding.
- Specially designated toilets situated within the check-in hall, departure lounge and arrivals hall.
- Designated waiting area in the departure lounge.
- An induction loop system is fitted at all check-in desks and at the Airport information desk.
- Fast-track for wheelchair and special assistance passengers at check-in and security central search.
- AviRamp product for boarding and disembarking aircraft.
- Our PRM leaflet is also available in Braille for those with visual impairment.
- Ear defenders for adults and children are available on request.
Important links and information
All airports have a legal responsibility under European Regulation 1107/2006 to provide assistance to passengers with reduced mobility. Further information can be obtained from clicking on the following link: Air transport: new rights for people with reduced mobility.
To provide feedback on our services and facilities for passengers with reduced mobility, please complete and return our survey.