We have an ongoing commitment to passengers requiring special assistance and our staff are trained in assisting Passengers with Restricted Mobility, Dementia and Autism Awareness, Hearing and Sight Loss Awareness and Anxiety.
We want all customers to feel confident and reassured their needs will be met by our dedicated customer-focussed team here at Cornwall Airport Newquay.
It’s important we are meeting the needs of all of our customers holistically and equally, and we know you want it in a ‘no fuss’ way. We are always open to feedback and suggestions on how we can improve our customer’s experience and have created a survey for your feedback. We look forward to hearing from you. To access the survey online click here.
We also work with local charities and organisations to continue the improvement of our service to all passengers; you can read more about this here.
Please inform your travel agent or airline of any special assistance requirements when booking. If you would like any further information about the services we provide, please contact a member of our passenger services team on 01637 860600 or by email at [email protected].
Assistance for passengers with reduced mobility:
- Free use of airport wheelchairs throughout terminal building and car parks.
- If your electric mobility aid is damaged in transit a replacement manual wheelchair can be provided as substitute.
- Ability to retain your own wheelchairs and other walking aids up until boarding.
- Designated waiting area in the departure lounge.
Assistance for passengers with hidden disabilities:
- Quiet area available on request
- Provision of special assistance lanyards and wristbands for those with hidden disabilities such as Autism and Dementia. These are available on request and will discreetly signal to airport staff that the passenger may require some extra assistance or comfort. Look for our trained staff members with corresponding yellow badges.
- An induction loop system is fitted at the check-in desks and at the Airport information desk.
- Ear defenders for adults and children are available on request.
- We have authorisation to carry assistance dogs on all our routes.
All passengers requiring assistance:
- Call points to advise us of your arrival at the airport (These are situated at the payment machines in the East and West Car Parks and within the Coastline Travel parking and bus stop zone).
- Provision of disabled parking bays in the car parks in close proximity to the terminal building.
- Meet and Greet facility to assist passengers through the Airport experience, with call buttons at car-park payment machines in the east and west car parks. You can also arrange assistance from the car parks by contacting the airport on arrival. The telephone number is on the directional signage in various locations of the car parks Specially designated toilets situated within the check-in hall, departure lounge and arrivals hall.
- Fast-track for wheelchair and special assistance passengers at check-in and security central search.
- AviRamp product for boarding and disembarking aircraft.
- Our PRM leaflet is also available in Braille for those with visual impairment.
- We can offer the option of a private search at security to preserve your privacy.
Assistance through security:
If you would like to be assisted through security then please notify us at check in or the information desk in the main terminal. A member of the special assistance team will accompany you through the security lane. If you’d prefer to access this area at a quieter time then contact us in advance (01637 860600 or [email protected]) and we can arrange the most suitable time. This can be arranged when you arrive at the airport but you may have to wait a short while we process the passengers currently in security.