We have an ongoing commitment to passengers requiring special assistance. We work in partnership with Disability Cornwall who assist us in arranging consultation events for individuals and organisations to ensure our service and facilities remain fit for purpose for all users.
The last consultation event took place in April 2016 and the invaluable feedback received is currently being evaluated and an action plan formed. We will continue to host regular meetings to ensure our policy remains current and proactive to assist and support those passengers who need assistance with their journey through the Airport.
Please inform your travel agent or airline of any special assistance requirements when booking. If you would like any further information about the services we provide, please contact a member of our passenger services team on 01637 860600 or by email at [email protected].
Our services and facilities for passengers with reduced mobility:
- Call points to advise us of your arrival at the airport (These are situated at the entrances to the East and West Car Parks and within the Coastline Travel parking and bus stop zone).
- Provision of special assistance lanyards and wristbands for those with hidden disabilities such as Autism and Dementia. These are available on request and will discreetly signal to airport staff that the passenger may require some extra assistance or comfort.
- Provision of 9 disabled parking bays in the west car park and 8 disabled bays in the east car park.
- Free use of airport wheelchairs throughout terminal building and car parks.
- If your electric mobility aid is damaged in transit a replacement manual wheelchair can be provided a substitute.
- Meet and Greet facility to assist passengers through the Airport experience.
- Ability to retain your own wheelchairs and other walking aids up until boarding.
- Specially designated toilets situated within the check-in hall, departure lounge and arrivals hall.
- Designated waiting area in the departure lounge.
- An induction loop system is fitted at all check-in desks and at the Airport information desk.
- Fast-track for wheelchair and special assistance passengers at check-in and security central search.
- AviRamp product for boarding and disembarking aircraft.
- Our PRM leaflet is also available in Braille for those with visual impairment.
- Ear defenders for adults and children are available on request.
- We have authorisation to carry assistance dogs on all our routes.
- We can offer the option of a private search at security to preserve your privacy.