Newquay is a 10 minute drive from Cornwall Airport Newquay.
Top five things to do in Newquay, Cornwall
1. Give ‘blue mind’ activities a go - With seven beaches within the town’s borders, there’s a plethora of H2O-inspired activities either in the sea or on the beach. Silent Disco beach yoga, sea-swimming, military fitness, cold water immersion, stand-up paddleboarding, diving, bodyboarding, kayaking, coasteering…take your pick and dive in.
2. Try seafood plucked straight from Newquay’s harbour – Newquay’s picturesque harbour has seagulls roaming the air and seals weaving around the fishing boats as they come in with the daily catch. Head down to the harbourside restaurants to enjoy their local delicacies, also to be found throughout the town’s buzzing foodie scene.
3. Wander the stunning coastline – Newquay town straddles several miles of eye-popping coastline. Wander the paths above the magnificent cliffs and beaches, with sublime views out across the Atlantic. Stop off along the way to enjoy the food, wares and fare of the town’s many creative, independent businesses.
4. Try to spot the mackerel from Huer’s Hut - The Huer’s Hut used to be used by the huer who shouted, ‘Here they are!’ in Cornish when fish came into the bay, leading the townsfolk to drop everything and get to their fishing boats. This spot provides a mesmerising view of Newquay Bay and a glimpse into the past.
5. Go for a surf on world famous surfing beach, Fistral Beach – Learn to surf where the likes of all-time professional legends like Kelly Slater have cruised the waves. Contact one of the many surf schools around the seven beaches and have an unforgettable day.