Al Titterington was appointed as Airport Managing Director in January 2010. Al has significant experience in airport operations and management having worked at other UK Regional Airports and on a number of aviation projects in Europe, Asia and the Caribbean.
Al Titterington was appointed Managing Director of Cornwall Airport Newquay in 2010 and has been in charge since taking over as Operations Manager in 2008. He has significant experience in airport management and has worked on a number of aviation projects around the world. As well as the day-to-day management, Al also leads on the commercial development of the Airport.
Tim Jeans was appointed as the Chairman of Cornwall Airport Limited in May 2014. Tim is one of the leading figures in the airline industry with over 20 years’ experience, having held executive management positions with some of the UK’s leading airlines, including Ryanair, MyTravel & Monarch Airlines.
Al is a member of the CAL Board which also comprises of the Chairman Tim and Non-Executive Directors, Will Ashworth (MD of Watergate Bay Hotel), Charmion Pears and Cornwall Councillor John Fitter.
The strategic objectives of the business as set by the Board and shareholder are currently as follows;
- The adoption of a revised business strategy which will focus on diversifying the business in to other aviation market sectors
- Route development and maintenance of the existing route network
- Marketing of airport asset to potential tenants
- Improved customer experience
- New Company vision, values and culture
- Continual change and improvement in efficiency
- Maintained safety and security awareness
- Raise regional awareness and install pride in the airport as a strategic asset