Embarking on a career opportunity as a Security Officer at Cornwall Airport Newquay promises an exciting and dynamic work experience. The role not only involves safeguarding the airport and its passengers but also contributes to maintaining the highest levels of safety and security in the aviation industry.
As Security Officer you’ll be an integral part of a dedicated and motivated team in a fast-paced environment. Cornwall Airport Newquay’s commitment to excellence and security measures will be brought to life this summer as we invest in state-of-the art security equipment – transforming the passenger experience and keeping up with other UK airports. There will be opportunities to train in the latest technologies, offering a chance to develop valuable skills and expertise in the field.
About the role
The Security Lane Supervisor (SLS) assists the Security Supervisor (SS) role in supervising the day to day running of the aviation security department. Working within an often busy environment where no two days are ever the same, you must demonstrate an ability to multi-task, prioritise and undertake project work as required. The SLS will be passionate about delivering a high and consistent level of customer service for all users of Cornwall Airport Newquay whilst maintaining regulatory compliance to EC300 and the Single Consolidated Direction (SCD).
Actively supervise the security department and aviation security programme ensuring you undertake and comply with all airlines, company and regulatory policy and procedures.
• Lead and drive customer service, engaging your team whilst managing the day-to-day operation maintaining compliance within aviation regulatory processes
• Implement adequate staffing and skillset to achieve and deliver the operational schedule
• Undertake varied administrative duties contributing to effectively managing the security department in line with CAL, airline and regulator procedures
• Assist the Security Manager in ensuring personnel have adequate skills and experience and have been suitably trained to perform their work safely and in accordance with airline, company and regulatory procedures.
• To ensure regulatory requirements are achieved, and to promote a safe and effective covert / overt test programme.
• Assist the Security Manager with Airport/Airline station emergency procedures and terminal evacuation procedures as published in the relevant manuals and to follow the procedures set out in the event of an incident.
• To maintain confidentiality of information acquired and ensure all human resource company procedures are carried out in line with company polices including attendance management and disciplinary and capability
• To be aware of and adhere to applicable rules, regulations, legislation and procedures e.g. Equal Opportunities Policy, Code of Conduct, legislation (Health & Safety, Data Protection), regulatory bodies (Civil Aviation Authority, Department for Transport, Health and Safety Executive)
• To undertake other duties appropriate of the post as required, deemed reasonable by the Senior Management Team
The following qualifications and experience are essential:
• Experience in an airport environment
• Experience in dealing with the public, in a customer service-related position
• Good basic education standards to GCSE level. Must include English and Maths to Grade C and above
• IT Literate
• Demonstrate assertiveness and good leadership skills
• Good interpersonal, oral, numerical and organisational skills
• Ability to establish good relationships and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment
• Ability to work to specified guidelines
• Highly Motivated and enthusiastic
• Extremely flexible
• Ability to remain calm, assertive and methodical in stressful situations
• Means of transport to meet the needs of the airport business hours
• Willingness to work in a shift environment (including weekends, bank holiday and public holidays)
• Full Clean UK Manual Driving Licence
• Colour Perception sufficient to use X-Ray equipment and to check pass with colour codes, Ishihara or equivalent
• No physical incapacity or ill health which prevents undertaking the duties of the position
• Ability to obtain an airside driving permit with comprehensive medical
The following qualifications and experience are desirable:
• Roster management
• Experience of delivering staff training
• Experience of customer complaint handling
• Assisting people with reduced mobility and hidden and other disabilities
• Working knowledge of Aerodrome Manual, all Security-related Manuals, SCD/EC300 and Airport Station Emergency Procedures
• DfT Bomb Threat Assessor
• Train the Trainer Certificate / National Occupational Standards qualification
• CIEH Health and Safety Level 2 or equivalent
Our offer to you
Salary: £12 per hour
Working Hours: 37 hours
Contract Type: Permanent
Base: Cornwall Airport Newquay
Working with us you will have an employee benefits package that includes:
Generous pension scheme with employer contribution
Holiday starting at 20 days and increasing to 25 with service (pro-rata if part-time) plus bank holidays
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of all our service users, clients and customers. This role is subject to a basic DBS check.
About the team
At Cornwall Airport we strive to promote Cornwall’s reputation as a first choice destination for travel and business. We providing a first class travel connection between Cornwall and cities across the UK and Europe. Our small, professional team are known for providing an excellent customer journey and running a commercially competitive enterprise.
Working at the airport we offer a diversity of opportunities from customer facing to technical roles. You’ll be joining an exceptional team that believe in seamless service delivery and high safety standards. You’ll be supported to thrive in the development of your career with investment in your professional development. You’ll be part of a small, friendly and professional team that work collaboratively to ensure the smooth running of our reputable airport.
It’s really easy to apply for our roles – simply follow the link to create a candidate profile, answer the screening questions and upload a CV.
Apply before 22 February 2024