About the role
This role will form part of the Passengers Services department where the highest service delivery standards are expected at all times, promoting our culture, brand and ethos to succeed at every step of the customer journey.
The main purpose of the role will be focused on providing ground handling services for passengers with reduced mobility, passengers with hidden disabilities and passengers requiring support in line with regulations. This role will also be responsible for coordinating car park services and supporting passenger arrival and departing processes.
An airport environment is different to any other and you will be rostered to work an agreed shift pattern between 0500hrs to 2300hrs. The hours and days worked are subject to change throughout the year. They may also change at short notice due to operational reasons.
How you’ll be doing it
- Working with wider teams and clients to deliver success
- Valuing a team approach to projects and challenges within your role
- Using group resources effectively to produce results
- Be an effective communicator at all times
- Seeking opportunities to improve process and embracing new ideas and technology with positive change in mind
- Challenging practices where progress is limited
- Remain optimistic in the face of change and drive forward to support growth and success
- Demonstrate a commitment to the group objectives and vision and take actions accordingly
Focus on Excellence/Commitment to Quality
- Deliver value and service to customers, both internally and externally
- Ensure quality underpins approach, methods and results
- Stay up to date with best practice and align your approach accordingly
- Take a strategic approach towards your work, ensuring it delivers value to the group as well as our customers
- Consistently deliver results to a high standard
- Ensure safety is at the centre or your operational approach
Our offer to you
- Build brand reputation by honouring agreements, appropriately managing expectations and being open and honest in all interactions
- Value the knowledge and experience of your teams in delivering a great service
- Empower your teams to succeed and be empowered to make a positive influence within the group
- Dealing with the public, in a face-to-face customer service-related position
- Ability to work well within a team
- Proactive in using own initiative to deliver and maintain service delivery standards
- Good basic education standards to GCSE level, especially English and Maths Grade C and above.
- Computer Literate
- Customer Service qualification, Level 2 or equivalent
- Extremely well presented and of smart appearance
- Good oral, numerical and organisational skills
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Extremely flexible
- Ability to remain calm and methodical in stressful situations
- Computer literate and be competent in the use of Microsoft office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, use of internet and intranet
- Ability to obtain an airside driving permit with comprehensive medical
Hourly rate: £9.90 per hour, free parking, company benefits package.
Working Hours: Part time or Full time available.
Contract Type: Permanent and Seasonal work available.
Base: Cornwall Airport Newquay, St Mawgan, Newquay, TR8 4RQ.
Working with us you will have an employee benefits package that includes:
- Generous pension scheme with employer contribution
- Employee discount scheme and wellbeing events
- Holiday starting at 20 days, plus bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Investment and support in your continuous training and development
- Opportunity to become a Safeguarding Advocate, Health & Wellbeing Champion and Mental Health First Aider
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of all our service users, clients and customers. This role is subject to a basic DBS check. If the role is working with vulnerable individuals and/or children and young people, you will be asked to complete a relevant DBS check to be successfully appointed to the role.
It’s really easy to apply for our roles – simply click here to create a candidate profile, answer the screening questions and upload a CV. Or request an application form by emailing [email protected] or call the HR Resourcing team on 01872 323035.
- Passenger_Assistance_Agent_JD (pdf) Download