Level 3 Apprenticeship - Hours per week: 37.5 Job Type/Contract type: Fixed term two years
Salary Range: £15,310 per annum.
Cornwall Airport Newquay is the largest commercial airport serving Cornwall and is ideally located as a gateway to some of the most popular destinations in the County, as well as being a key component in the continued economic development of Cornwall.
We currently have around 200 staff working at our airport in a wide range of roles, including airside services, landside services, security, air traffic control, fire, administration and catering.
Cornwall Airport Limited recognises that our employees are fundamental to our continued success and future growth. We also recognise the importance of training to enable our employees to achieve their full potential. We actively encourage and support our employees to gain the skills and qualifications that will support their future employability and meet the needs of our business.
About the Role
To provide high quality, prompt and proactive professional and administration support to the Administration Team. The role will deal directly with, and be a key point of contact for all staff,
This post forms a key role within the back office support team. The back office provides all the administrative support to Cornwall Airport Newquay. The post holder will provide support to managers, team leaders and individual teams accordingly & ensure the ‘back office’ functions effectively.
- To arrange training events
- To assist in the co-ordination of staff training, meetings and travel arrangements
- To collate, edit and maintain all data in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- To provide high quality administrative support including word processing of correspondence, reports, presentation materials and spreadsheets
- Maintain physical and electronic filing systems
- To operate specific procedures and processes in accordance with specialist service areas
- To undertake scanning and uploading of documents to electronic document management systems
- To aid in recording financial and statistical date for business purposes
- To undertake any other administrative duties deemed required by the learning and development team
- Build productive relationships with colleagues across the group of companies
Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Publisher.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise
- Customer-centric approach
- Solid organisation and time management skills
We are looking for someone who can work well as part of a team and build a strong set of skills around administration.
Behaviours expected of candidates:
You will need to be a keen, committed person with a willingness to learn. You will need to be polite, helpful and have a can do attitude. Excellent communication skills are essential. You will need to possess good computer skills and demonstrate accuracy. The ability and willingness to learn new programmes and systems is important.
Please review the Job Description and Person Specification; your Application Form will need to explain how you meet the stated criteria.
You will need to provide proof of the previous 5 years of employment or education history for mandatory vetting purposes.
This position will close on 31 July 2018.
Please send completed Application Forms to Tracy Leeming by email or post.
FAO Tracy Leeming
Cornwall Airport Ltd
St Mawgan House